Kitchen progress 2


close up of the countertop - I found on Craigslist that someone was selling a 8 feet sheet of wood taken from an old bowling alley. I thought it'd be great as a countertop - its about 4 inch thick too!!! Already has some type of protection. We paid 150 for the wood which is a bargain to us.. Plus it goes nicely with our bamboo floors.

Kitchen nook before..




Thought i'd show you what a Canadian plumber looks like. No butt crack exposed! :)

To do list:
we have to add glossy paint to the brick
add a backsplash, stove
add cabinet doors underneath the farmhouse sink
paint the base white
put mouldings back up around the fridge
paint ceilings
strip paint off from the other countertop.. it was stupidly painted by me last year.

whew lots to do still! but we're making good progress!

been a crazy week for me - daily training from 830 to 12 at work, then work, then work at the house. Im so looking forward getting my life back!

No comments: