Long overdue

Hola! I know, I know.. It's been a while since I last blogged. I no longer live in this yellow house - it's been sold last year due to the idea of moving to Austin, Texas. Well, the bad: Austin never worked out, we end up staying in Rochester for another year. The good: we made 50,000 profit from fixing up the yellow house! We end up buying a smaller home in the beautiful Southwedge and is now being leased to an awesome couple!

Currently my husband and I live in San Francisco- we're renting an historic Jr bedroom apartment in the Adams Point/Grand Lake area. We love our apartment because it's bright, has high ceilings, high windows, wood floors and awesome, I mean awesomeee closet/storage space. The only con, I think is we dont have a backyard for our sheepies but they seem to be adjusting to the city life very very well.

Anyhoo, just because I live in an apartment doesnt mean I cant stop dreaming about my dream home:) I continue to get inspired everyday - in fact three of my best friends own a home. well, one is pretty much a modernist and pretty much is content with his designs. However Michelle and Sarah both own beautiful old homes and I get excited whenever they talk about their remodeling/renovation ideas, struggles and accomplishments!! They both have impeccable taste and It's been fun!!!

As much as I love the weather in the wild west, my heart is rooted in the east coast. I despise the humidity - my hair does too. but I just love the lushness of all the greenery, old homes, big yards, the overall affordability. just love love love! I love Boston- hope to live there someday. no, not hope. I WILL!!!!!

anyway, some of my favorite things so far. *drools*



Tre chic! I painted a bathroom (yellow house) black and it worked beautifully because of the natural lights and the thick crown moldings. Black is my favorite color for a living/reading room- I just need to find that perfect room. A room with lots of natural lighting is the key!!


I am OBSESSED with picture frames - I continue to collect them everyday. If anyone struggles with a gift idea, dont hesitate to get ME a wall frame. I LOVE them especially if there is a rustic feel to them!! My goal is to create a collage of frames on one wall. I want to uncomfortablly crowd them.



I love Robin Egg blue too - this is not really Robin Egg but I want to point out that you CAN use this kind of blue without looking blah. The key is the warmth/contrast of the floors and trimmings. Black would look amazing with those floors too.




Chandelier in a rustic room- genius. Love love that vintage expensive farmhouse feel.






The chalkboard idea is well, let's say I likey- I think it works as long people are going to use it!!! Not to write minimally i.e "have a good day", "recipes" and the idea of keeping it clean. NO NO NO!!! Chalkboard is meant to get dirty (like the pix above). Also the space of it is spot on (using the whole wall). I read somewhere that Benjamin Moore makes the best chalkboard paint and it's less than 15 bucks.. Even better, I read if you use the primer (pix above) before the Ben Moore paint, you can put magnets on it! How cool is that?



Yes, I did get sidetracked for a minute. I love Gerard Butler right now. He's my movie star boyfriend. I think he's so sexy - that body, smile, the way he talks. sigh. Look how he can pull off in a cheap walmart swim trunks? pure hotness.



My apartment has the same concept of storage space (custom dressers, walk in closets in different areas - not your typical cookie cutter master bedroom with a walk in closet). Did I mention that you have to walk through my bedroom to the kitchen? weird I know, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.



I'd love to have this kind of a pool, maybe with less shade though. It fits the East coast very well, doesnt it?

No comments: